Home Page

One persons "take" on prepper recruiting

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
One persons "take" on prepper recruiting
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »
I'm certain that we all have the urge (sometimes) to proselytize our prepper tendencies...

I have my own views on this subject and my guess is that it varies for each of us.  Bottom line, we'd like to see more people with their eyes open and "planning for the worst but hoping for the best".

The linked article is how one person advises approaching others in a community.  I'm not at all sure that I agree with the methods being presented, but in fairness, it can work for some people.

Truthfully, it feels a little too much like the approach of a "community organizer" as that term was and is used by some noted political figures in the USA... 'nuf said about that.

At this point, if I've not put you off completely from the authors presentation...  It was not my intent, but I have strong feelings on how this process is best approached, but I can be incorrect, so:

DO read the article, as it shows another way of presenting the "prepper" lifestyle and mindset.

http://thesurvivalmom.com/get-family-friends-board-prepping/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline xoruss

Re: One persons "take" on prepper recruiting
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 12:03:19 PM »
I have preached and taught preparedness for most of my adult life. There have been times, especially when addressing church groups, that am am more like the fiery old preacher. If someone won't listen I move on. Time is too short so why sugar coat things. I also tend to keep my own personal preps close to the vest.
Russ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions