Home Page

One Day Ham License Class in Reno 7/21/2018

One Day Ham License Class in Reno 7/21/2018
« on: May 18, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »
This class is part of the upcoming Nevada Section Amateur Radio Convention at Boomtown in Reno.  There will also be a trade show, vendors, prizes, ham swap, speakers, and ham fun!

Class cost is $35 + $15 additional test cost.

For full information, go to NVCON(dot)org and go to "One Day Tech Class."  There's info on the study material, a website with sample tests, and even a site with free learning material!  I use the Gordon West book which I think is much easier than the ARRL material.  The new book is available from W5YI(dot)org. 

Special Note:  The question pool changes on July 1 so be sure to study the 2018-2022 material.  There's lots of the Old material around that will be outdated on June 30!  Be sure to study the 2018-2022 material!

You do have to read the book first but I've done 15 or 20 of these classes and almost everybody passes! This is not a Cram or complete class but a FastClass with a last minute Review of all 423 questions in the pool with some explanations,  demonstrations, extra info, and actual teaching and learning thrown in!   The book and the test are at a Middle School level so think "7th & 8th Grade."  I've had students from age 9 to 94 who have passed the test so you can too.  Try a sample test:  Most adults get about 50% if they read the questions and answers carefully.  You only need 74% to pass so you're most of the way there!

Questions?  Call me at 775/843-6443 and be sure to mention that you are with NNPG! 

I get a lot of "will I pass the test?" questions and the answer is almost always Yes if you do your part!! 

David KD7YIM

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions