Home Page

OPSEC in the digital world

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
OPSEC in the digital world
« on: March 24, 2016, 10:36:34 AM »
I have my own opinion about the danger of using the internet for communication or searching for information in general.

This article discusses some of the current (2016) areas of concern with respect to keeping your privacy while online:

https://survivalblog.com/a-random-walk-through-the-risks-of-silicon-valley-by-epaminondas/

While I may rant about how you use the 'net, this article points out WHY I worry about this.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.

Offline Jerry D Young

• Seeker of Knowledge
Re: OPSEC in the digital world
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:38 PM »
I am rather careful how I use the internet. But I do use it heavily. However, I have been on the radar since the late 70s/early 80s, and from the early days of the internet as we know it now. Any attempt to change my methods now would draw attention to me. So I watch my Ps & Qs, and have a plan to deal with things if the time ever comes I need to do something about that radar. Disclaimer: Of course, I would never do anything illegal. And this could all just be my imagination, of course.

Just my opinion.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best, and always remember TANSTAAFL

(TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A. Heinlein)