Home Page

OPSEC just means you're thinking

Offline TWP

• Opinionated and Willing to "Discuss" it.
OPSEC just means you're thinking
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:57:36 AM »
I debated posting this link, but on thinking about it, it falls fully into the realm of OPSEC (operations security).

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/facebook-is-and-has-been-silently-listening-to-everything-you-say-heres-how-to-stop-it_062016

The whole point is condensed in the final paragraph of this article:

"While Facebook claims that they may not be actively listening to your conversations, the idea that you have given permission for the company to access your microphone and text message data simply by downloading and installing the app is certainly disconcerting for those completely unaware that they have given such privacy-shattering permissions to Facebook. "

A key element here is: how much do you trust someone else to NOT use information about you, about your location and about your spoken and written messages?

My level of paranoia on this is fairly high, so please don't run screaming into the woods just because I think this is a problem, but do, please, consider safety and the old saw from WWII: "Loose Lips Sink Ships"...

PS I don't even own an IPhone, and it bothers me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Remember:  Google(r) is NOT your friend, use another search engine which DOES NOT track your online activity.